Friday, March 03, 2006

Snakes, Horse Pills, Rock Pills, and SHOCKING surgery

Ahhhh… Friday at last.

Itinerary for this weekend, Kayaking on Sat.and Smyrna Dunes Park on Sunday…

Got to clean the Aviary fountain out, and get more filters. Got to build more nesting boxes.

My poor Phoenix is sick. She finally got to the doctor to get her new meds (good thing too). So now instead of being depressed or manic, she is vomiting and dizzy. *sigh*
I wish there was something more I could do to help her with these things. I had her call the doctor back, and did some research to see if any over the counter anti-nausea meds might help. The documentation for the meds (Geodin and Equetro) say this is common at first, but get better over time. Where the hell do they come up with these names? Geodin sounds like a rock formation (like say a geode), and Equetro sounds like something you need to ride horses. The good news is that I talked to my boss and he said that I could go to my wife’s surgery (they are putting an electrified net inside her uterus and cauterizing the entire inside… freeking barbaric… treating symptoms, not the cause as is usual with the medical community).

Smyrna Dunes Park has a serious problem at the moment. Volusia county has been taking sand from various sources to replenish the beach erosion caused by the 2004 hurricanes. One of these sources is a place called “Rattle Snake Island”. Well, it seems there has been a huge increase of rattlesnakes in the park. I worry about the endangered Beach Mouse and the Plover nests. Too many snakes tend to eat whatever is available. At least they won't eat the Gopher Tortoises…

No comments: