Monday, February 07, 2005

Birdie Show!

Well, this weekend was interesting to say the least. Was going to go to crown tourney, but my back freaked Friday night, and I spent most of Sat. taking it easy. The one thing I do hate about my back is the fact one day it will be terrible, and the next day fine. This does not help my case when I go to the doctor and say, “Well yesterday I hurt like mad, but today I am fine.” Doesn’t get much done for it. So Saturday we cleaned house a little, watched TV and such. Sunday was fun though. We got up early to go to the bird show, with the goal of finally getting something to breed and start making money on birds instead of just being those crazy bird people. We ended up buying a new cage for Adonis (The African Grey) and it is huge. I tell you what; never buy a bird cage at a store. Buy it at a show or build one, you will save a huge amount of money. We bought two big flight cages, and 5 Gouldian finches for breeding (one more we are getting as a gift). Hopefully these will start things going. We have also decided that Sinbad, the Lesser Sulfur Crested Cockatoo must go. He is far to aggressive toward the other birds and I am afraid someone is going to get hurt. He also really does want to breed. I suppose we could find a female, but we are going to try to trade him for a Grey or some pair of something smaller.

Otherwise, we are looking for a loan so we can look for a house. We must have new house to start birdie business.

No comments: