Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Birds birds birds birds birds

Birds and a new house are what are on my mind and eating a hole in my pocket book.

This is why I am not going to Gulf Wars and may not be able to go to crown, among other things. But these things are really important to me and my lovely wife, and the rewards are great.

I am slowly getting an education about how to get a mortgage loan, and the whole process sucks. My credit rating is not so bad, but I paid off an old old bill, and it should get a little better. The problem is not so much unpaid bills, those are all cleared off. The problem is the couple of 30 day notices and lack of credit history. Oy. The good news is that I may qualify for a government assisted loan. We shall see. I am going to wait till the credit score gets a wee bit higher with paying off that one bill and see what happens.
A house of our own starts the whole process of the birdie empire starting.

Next is the birds. One of Phoenix’s customers at work just sold us a new cage for $100, and I tell you it was worth every penny. We are putting Sinbad in it at the moment, and it makes him look like a tiny bird. The cage is big enough for a Macaw. So last night we lugged it in the house and set up all the little perches, etc. He seems much happier for it.

This weekend is the great Orlando bird show, and the plan is to get some sort of birds we can start breeding. This is why I might not make it to crown, because I we need all the cash we can get. We have several options. We might buy a breeding pair of Quaker Parrots, we may get a few Gouldian Finches, or if the price is right, a female Grey or Lesser Sulfer Crested Cockatoo. On top of that, we need to get a new cage for Adonis, as his is old and sorely needs to be refurbished. We might spend $800. It all depends.

Otherwise, life is cool. Phoenix is doing well and is to quit working at the bird store soon. Work still sucks, but at least peak is slowly winding down. My brother is in Iraq, but should be coming home in about 7 weeks or so. The weather is cold. For Florida… Ok, its not cold at all for being winter, but 50’s at night seems a lot colder then it used to be.

Enough for now, more later.

No comments: