Monday, November 15, 2004

Ups and Downs

Well, it was a weekend of fun and tragedy as is fairly usual in my life…

The tragedy came first, with the news that Gyrth Oldcastle died of a heart attack this last week. He was a jolly good old man, who was one of the people who defined what the SCA was in the old days. God rest his soul.

Otherwise, the fun was pretty fun. Coronation was this weekend, and Cuan and Yanos came down to play, and I got to be on their melee team, and wow! Talk about getting an ego boost. The teams were auctioned off for a fundraiser, and we went for $400… I was amazed. Thank you all who chipped in, I don’t think I have ever seen anything like that before. We fought amazingly well, and I will post pictures tonight or tomorrow. The Coronation itself was very pretty, with the royals dressed up all in white. It was quite beautiful.

Then coming home, the Cockatoo tried to rip my ear off.

Well, at least my life isn’t boring…

No comments: