Monday, November 01, 2004

Lovely little weekend

Someone told me today “its really close now isn’t it?”

I thought she was referring to the election tomorrow, but she was referring to my wedding.

This shows my perspective at the moment. I am not worried at all about the wedding… that’s going to happen. The election however is stressing me out. I cannot wait till it is over and done with. Even if the outcome is Bush winning, I just want it over.

Even if Kerry wins, there is going to be quite a struggle, because there is still likely to be a republican majority in congress. It would be nice if the democrats got the senate however. And I pray that the current Supreme Court folks stay alive till Kerry is president. We do not need a neo-conservative justice on the bench.

Well, in other news this weekend was fun. Phoenix and I didn’t do anything amazingly exciting, but we had fun. We played with the birds a lot. On Sat. we went to the local ceramics show, which was a huge disappointment. There were a lot of supplies for sale, but no interesting pieces to buy. So we walked next door to the flea market and bought some clothes for Phoenix (including a spectacular red Hawaiian dress for our trip) and a nice new wallet for me. That evening we went to Heather’s Halloween play at here school, which was pretty cool despite sound problems. We passed the Bush rally on the way, which makes one for each candidate within 2 miles of my house. Sunday we mostly hung around the house playing with the birds.

The Hawaii trip is on the horizon, and I am so excited! We have so much planned!

No comments: