Monday, June 28, 2004

Today is the first day of the rest of my life!

This weekend was a mixed bag. I have to admit, I will never ever desire or become a pelican, and likely I will never get a service award, because frankly, I only do tedious outstanding service like being troll all day, when I am suckered into it (I have no problem helping out with stuff in general but that's different). The one thing I am impressed about though is the very careful handling of the money once I was through with it. It took three people to count and recount it all, and it was all put in special bags and I was given a receipt, releasing me from responsibility from it. The pains of past problems has made the process very persnickety.
Besides having my tail glued to my chair for about 9 hours, the event went off reasonably well. The event was pretty well run, but I would like to make a comment, and in no way does this reflect on Carla, or any of the staff, or anyone else for that matter. It just diadem’t seem like a Known World Event ™. It seemed like any other SAC University I have been to. I guess all the conflicts, and lack of interest made it that way. But for what it was, it was pretty cool.

After the event, I went home and spend the rest of the day with my sweetie and da birds. Sunday we went to the Sanford flea market and stopped by the Audubon birds of prey sanctuary, which was quite impressive. They are a heal and release group, except for the ones that are permanently damaged. Their facilities were quite impressive, including a flight barn for retraining the birds to fly. Very cool.

No comments: