Monday, October 25, 2004

Wierd weekend

This last weekend was a weekend of contrasts. In some ways it amazingly sucked, and in others it was pretty nice…

It all started this weekend with going to Baronial Bash, and Phoenix didn’t want to go. Well, to make a long story short, we argued, she came to the event, we argued some more, we said some pretty hurtful things to each other, and she stomped off. Causing much stress and worry for all.

Well for everyone who was worried about her, she is ok, and will be making subsequent apologies for worrying folks, and has promised never to do it again.

Otherwise the event was pretty cool. We started off with melees, which was much fun. They put non belts in command of the sides, and Arsalon (ya, my spelling sucks) was in charge of ours for the first four, and I was in charge for the next three. It was 11 folks per side, and I think we lost once out of seven rounds. I think it was more that we were more out to kill folks then the other side then anything else. The bad part was that I really spent my load, and consequently didn’t come in %100 for the bear pits afterwards. The first three rounds in, I got killed right off, almost one shots (I just couldn’t focus without my Phoenix being there)… Then I got in and got to business, and had two rounds of killing about 5 folks each, including a knight or two, but by then it was far too late. Did some pickups, went out and looked for my wayward bird again, and went with Martin and Elizabeth for dinner.

Coming home was not pleasant, but we worked it out.

Sunday was great. We went to the bird show, and looked at all the pretty birds, dreaming of breeding some… Finally got to see these finches that Phoenix wanted to breed, and they are quite pretty. We almost bought a proven pair of Quaker Parrots, but decided we could not yet afford it. After Hawaii…

And last night we curled up in each others arms and went to sleep (well tried… I couldn’t sleep well last night, but that’s another story)

In other news, My brother is in Falluja. I hope he is having fun and will come home safe.

No comments: