Thursday, September 02, 2004

All hands on deck! (again)

This may be the last entry again for a bit. So I better get in what has been going on and what is going to be happening.

I have not been able to update the blog because it has been so busy here at work. I can’t wait till peak is over next month.

Frances is bearing down on us, and it is likely going to be worse then Charlie. They are expecting that we are going to get winds at least as hard as Charlie by the time it gets here, but for a much longer period of time. So, I am trying to prepare for the worse. Worse case scenario is that debris takes out some of my windows, and the tree in the back yard falls on my house, and the power goes out for a week or two. Soooo, I am going to tape the windows on the storm side, and line the screens with plastic. I am also trying to get everything in the back room in some sort of container that is water resistant in case the tree falls on the Florida room. We are putting water in the freezer so we have block ice for the food, and we are shopping tonight for non perishable food for a week and other supplies (and see if we can get some dry ice that may last into next week). I expect what will actually happen is that we will be fine, but we will lose power for another week or perhaps two. I think I am going to order some battery powered fans. This is crazy-nuts.

Crown is cancelled… go fig. Sort of disappointing, because Forgal was supposed to be coming to town. Oh well, maybe next month.

No comments: