Thursday, September 23, 2004

Rules for Fighting

Well, been looking through the Marshals handbook, and this weekend I am going to bring it with me to make sure the marshals actually know what they are talking about this weekend. What really, really bugs me is when a marshal wants to fail me on inspection on an item that is fine by the rules. So far I have been told my coif is not legal (yes it is, see Trimaris marshal’s Handbook, fighter section VI. A. 3. a) And that my shield arm under a heater needs to be armored (no it doesn’t, It just needs an elbow pad, see Trimaris marshal’s Handbook, fighter section VI. A. 6. b.). There is one thing that I am going to do this weekend to tweak the marshal’s a bit. I am just going to put strapping tape on my sword and leave it at that. Now most people think that duct tape is required on top of it, but according to the book, it just isn’t so… So, we will see how it will go this weekend. I do have to make myself a gorget, either tonight or tomorrow, but everything else should be fine. That and I would like to make a trigger for my sword, but I need a half gauntlet to use that instead the street hockey glove I use now…

No comments: