Monday, September 20, 2004

Look around, leaves are brown, and the sky…

Isn’t quite a hazy shade of winter, but it seems so in this office.

They got the new build out on the call center, and I have been given this little desk. Now mind you, I am not complaining too much, as that most everyone has had this issue for a long time, but it’s still depressing.

They opened up the call center so you can see the windows and see sunlight, but it doesn’t really help today, because it’s raining. On top of it all, there is a mobile webcam that now watches over us, big brother style. I am waiting for the shock studs that will be added to our chairs to help our productivity.

It’s not all as bad as that, I am just grumpy because I feel cooped in and claustrophobic, and I can’t fit all my stuff at this new desk. If I shift my feet wrong, I unplug somthing critical under my desk, and it makes me feel very uncomfortable and cramped and depressed. I just wish I could do something for a living that I like, because this really stinks.

Otherwise, this weekend was interesting to say the least. Phoenix and I went out and saw Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow, which was a stitch. I loved it.
We then went to Martins for a nice stint of drinking Sake and playing silly word guess games. We had a great time. Sunday Phoenix and I had a nice relaxing day where we really didn’t get anything done. It was very nice.

Now, I need a nap.

No comments: