Thursday, May 13, 2004

Another day in the life

Fighter practice went well last night, if you discount the fact I am fighting like a goob... Boy you take a month or two off, and it all goes to pot. I have a lot to work on... I have bruises on my ribs to prove it! Phoenix however is doing amazingly well. This was the first time she actually got in her armor and fought... despite her cursing that her helmet kept slipping down, she is going to be a terror. Well tonight I will be repairing her bits and pieces and fighting in our back yard... I cant wait till Sat to get my own new armor up.

The news sucks... I am a news fanatic, tuning into CNN every morning, and surfing news on the internet about all day (albeit alot of funny news I read comes from www.fark.com and www.madville.com) and its hard to look at things right now. The Iraqi prisoner abuse, the beheading of that guy in Iraq... I am rarely made sick to the stomach by the news, but lately its been a little hard to take. Well, at least its not like the shock of watching the whole 9/11 thing. I rarely get mad enough to write senators, but the comments made by Republican Sen. James Inhofe of Oklahoma –
"I am also outraged that we have so many humanitarian do-gooders right now crawling all over these prisons looking for human rights violations, while our troops, our heroes are fighting and dying," he said.
"These prisoners, you know they're not there for traffic violations," said Inhofe, whose senatorial Web site describes him as an advocate of "Oklahoma values."
"If they're in cellblock 1-A or 1-B, these prisoners, they're murderers, they're terrorists, they're insurgents. Many of them probably have American blood on their hands and here we're so concerned about the treatment of those individuals."

This inspired me to actually write the senator that our concern over the treatment of prisoners makes us the good guys. I don’t care what they did, our adherence to the Geneva convention makes us a good and decent nation. Otherwise we turn exactly like those we are trying to defeat.
Crazy shit. I can’t wait till Bush gets out of office. Did you know Kerry wants to make John McCain Secretary of Defense? A bi-partisan presidency? What a concept!!!

No comments: