Monday, May 31, 2004

Unexpected Weekend

Well, this weekend did not at all go as expected. But at least it was fun.

Well, the original plan was to go to TMT for a day trip, then go to Sea World on Sunday. Well, that didnĂ‚’t happen at all. Phoenix and I decided that it would be more important to go to the Orlando Bird Show on Sat.Andd maybe get a breeding pair of Sun Conures to start our Bird Breeding Project (subsidiary of our Bird Empire Inc.). Well we get to the fair grounds to find that the fair is Sunday only, and its really too late to go to TMT. Well. Not being the kind of folks to go home and pout, we decided to go to Sea World instead.
We got there and decided, instead of buying the Florida Resident fun pass for unlimited entry for the rest of the year for $60, we went ahead and got a couple of silver passes that last till next June for $80. After the day was done, I think it was well worth it. After doing both Epcot and Sea World, I do like the World Showcase at Epcot, but I think I like Sea World as a total experience better. The food prices are amazingly high, but the animals are a lot of fun to take pictures of. I am very proud of Phoenix. After much cajoling and arguing (not to mention calling me some very choice names), Phoenix went with me on the Kracken! I think she screamed the entire time, managed to leave her fingers imprinted on safety bars (thank God it wasnt my leg) and looked like she was about to die (well it looked like that in the picture), but afterward, she said it wasn’t so bad and would like to go again! Woo hoot! She is such a trooper!
Well, Sunday we hit the bird show, and wow! It was huge. We found some Sun Conure babies for $130 a piece, but we ended up getting our new little baby grey instead. It was expensive, but the look on Phoenixs face was certainly worth every penny! I love to see her smile. Well, got more pictures coming in (Phoenix is at home photo-shopping them) so I will cut this short.

No comments: