Thursday, July 08, 2004

Another day, another template.

And here we go with yet another template, till I get sick of it (which may be tomorrow!)
I am not sure I like this one either, its too light for my taste, but I do like the mermaid (although she is a bit risqué), and its got enough of a water theme for my tastes. One of these days I will make one from scratch and do it how I like (when I learn HTML for real that is)

Well, what is on the list of things? We had the chance to take two more cockatoos, who are in really good shape, only a year old, brother and sister, but there is no way. One cockatoo is a handful, two more would be insane, not to mention that we would have to buy another $200 cage. We could have gotten them to use as breeders, but we have decided that breeding cockatoos would raise too many ethical questions for us. They are so needy, that selling them to a bad household, no matter how well meaning, would be a moral crime to me, especially when there are so many in rescue that should be adopted into good homes instead. However if a female African Grey came up, I think we would snatch them up in a heartbeat to start the breeding business.

Speaking of our birds, here is a progress report for them:

Addicus is doing as well as can be expected. Despite a lot of toys, a huge cage, and all the TLC we can give, he is still picking at his feathers. He seems happy, we play with him, he does his happy dance a lot, and he is leaning new words, but we just can’t seem to stop him from picking. Now mind you he is picking a lot less, but we noticed tips from normal feathers on the bottom of his cage, instead of just down. I am worried about him. I hope we can figure out a way to stop it. I may need to make him a cloak or get him a Elizabethan collar.

Zora has turned into that little girl that is always inquisitive, loves running around, is constantly in your face, wants everything you are eating, and throws temper tantrums when ever she doesn’t get what she wants. Otherwise she is a sweetie! Her and Addicus buddy buddy up to each other quite a bit, and are becoming pretty good friends, which is a good thing because the other two grays are scared of her. The morning habit now is that when I sit down for my morning bowl of cereal, I get mugged by Addicus and Zora, with Atticus going for the cereal, and Zora landing on my spoon and trying to get at the milk. It’s like living with seagulls *grin*. Its time I taught Zora a little manners with a squirt bottle, starting tomorrow.

Adonis is plucking feathers. He is still stressed out about all the new birds, but we expect that to calm down eventually. He is also being a bit antisocial, but we are starting to drag him to play with the rest of the flock when we are all together.

Buddy is buddy. No plucking, eats like a horse, but doesnt really like being handled much, unless you have a magnet in your hand (weird bird). He stays in his cage a lot even though open his cage whenever we are home. He talks a lot too.

In other news, went to practice on Tuesday at Martins and spent the whole time fixing Phoenixs helmet. Martin was going over drills for sword leg lead options, and gave me some ideas to try next time I fight him. Otherwise, Phoenix and I have been just hanging out, conserving money (because we don’t have much at the moment) and being happy. How is everyone out there? Leave a tag on my tag board, let me know!!!

No comments: