Monday, July 12, 2004

Goin to the chapel and were gonna get married!

Whew. keep trying to make the better template. keep failing miserably!

Back to my old back up, the mermaid one was too risqué for folks at work. I worked on another one, but the preview and the actual blog never matched.

But in other news, I ASKED PHOENIX TO MARRY ME!

And she said yes! Which has made me very happy of course (and her *grin*)

It is going to be a long engagement, for we want to get married in Hawaii, the plan being this December.

I’ll try to describe this weekend as best I can. There was a lot that happened.

On Friday, finally the ring came in the mail. Thank God. I swore that Phoenix was going to figure out what was going on when I had this ring box like object in my pants pocket, but she didnt. That Friday we went out and saw King Authur, which was quite a good movie. Not spectacular, but very good. I like how they dressed the Saxons. I didnt like that fact that the Saxons had crossbows, not that they could hit anybody with them anyway. Next morning we went first to the flea market (and got me a pair of sunglasses) and then out to Liu Gardens. What a perfect place to ask someone to marry them! Actually as we were going in, a group of people were leaving who had just been married! Phoenix was saying how cool that was, and I just had to grin. We walked through the gardens, and it is amazing in Florida, that when you set up a place for wildlife, the wildlife come to you. There were amazing plants all around, but also some very cool animals. Our first encounter was a snake fishing for minnows in one of the small ponds. We walked from garden to garden and finally we stumbled into this beautiful area with a stained glass arboretum, surrounded by flowers. Just beyond it was an oval grass covered field where we took off our shoes to feel the grass under our feet. I decided that this would be the perfect place. I grabbed her, asked her if she would love me forever, she said yes, then I asked her if so, would she marry me. She said yes and started crying with a huge smile on her face. I then got a picture to remember it all just as it was.
We continued though the garden, and true to form, as always with Phoenix, she called a bird to come as a good omen. A huge owl flew in front of us and landed in a tree above us, giving us a nice pose to boot. Got me a good picture too! The rest of the gardens were truly spectacular, with exotic flora and nice shady groves with benches to sit in the heat. We left there grinning like Cheshire cats. Then we went and celebrated at the cheesecake factory, with a piece of vanilla bean cheesecake and a daiquiri (well I had a daiquiri, Phoenix had something called a “twilight zone”) and then went and saw Spiderman 2.
I loved the action, I loved Doc Oc, I didnt like Peter Parkers silly wishy washy romantic and personal confliction in the movie, it was boring, drawn out and overdone. I wish they could have managed to say what they were trying to say in a more powerful and condensed way and cut a half hour out of the movie, or added more action. Well anyway, it was good overall.
Sunday we cleaned cages, went grocery shopping and generally just hung out (and well, never mind). It was raining most the day anyway. But we were happy and content with the world.

No comments: