Tuesday, July 27, 2004

We'll Rant and we'll roar...

Well, the DNC is in full spring, and boy I am so excited----- NOT!

Rant alert!

I wish my party would be a little more exciting. Or make a platform that was a little more what I want to see, but I think that would be difficult. Pro – Choice, Pro-Gun, Pro-Environment, Anti-oil, Pro-gay marriage (geeze man, can’t government just leave these folks alone?), Pro- space exploration, Pro-stem cell research, Pro-genetic mods (but with careful regulation on environmental effects),  Pro-corporate regulation, Pro-Political Funding reform, Anti – whaling, Anti – Bush, pro-fiscal responsibility, pro- getting our troops home from Iraq, etc…

And well the only thing I see from the democrats these days is the Anti – Bush part, for certain. I swear, I like some of the republican ideals, like some of what John McCain has to say, but my God, the Bush white house is crazy! *sigh* I think I am more anti-neo conservative the anti Republican. If you look at it in a certain light, Bush is the most Liberal president we have had in quite some time. Here is the definition of Conservatism out of Webster’s dictionary:

a : a disposition in politics to preserve what is established b : a political philosophy based on tradition and social stability, stressing established institutions, and preferring gradual development to abrupt change

So, what part of this does Bush Jr do? Pre-emptive military strikes are certainly not a conservative way of thinking, containment is. The patriot act is certainly not “preserving” our rights as citizens. He wants to change Social Security, a huge established institution. Environmental protection has been a stressed since Nixon, (a Republican by the way) and he has done more to dismantle environmental regulation then any president this century! Ok, ok… deceiving the public is certainly a well established institution, so in that way, I’ll give him points. So is being owned by corporate interests.

Bush – Right wing Liberal…

Enough of ranting…

I am all ready for practice tonight. I got my new helmet all padded up, and took the chain off, and it is way spiff. It’s so light I am not going to know what to do with myself! And as soon as I get the scale done, I am going to have quite the spiff harness. I hope I can get it done by the next event. That and get in shape to kick some tail.

Well, back to work for me…

No comments: