Friday, July 02, 2004

Well La de da!

Another day and it’s another 8 hours of staring at a computer screen. It’s a wonder I’m not blind yet, or have brain cancer.

This weekend’s plans are mad crazy, Fishing at New Smyrna Beach, seeing a movie (hmm, F 9/11? King Arthur? Spiderman2?), going to Martins for grill out, then fireworks at Lake Eola. Somewhere in there we got to clean the parrot cages, and keep them somewhat entertained. I just hope I can catch a fish or two. I saw a wonderful, well written negative review on Spiderman 2 from a friend (although they liked the movie as a whole)

“Actress problems: The puke-orange hair looked hideously tawdry - like a trailer-trash hooker who's been dumpster diving for cosmetics. Her half-closed, sloe eyes reveal no sign of intellect, and seem as though it's a struggle to remember to breathe, much less say her lines. Her breasts hang down below her waistband like sunken dugs - the wonders that a simple brassiere would do for this flappy-chested trollop. I've seen better shapes on Ugandan refugees with 12 children. During the 'kiss me' scene, when her wasted, thin little lips kept advancing toward the camera, I got the same nasty feeling in my stomach that I did during the scene in Private Ryan when the soldier went back for his severed arm.”

Whew! Can’t wait to see it! *grin*

For this weekend’s fishing, I would like to try a new tack. Instead of wading out to waist deep water and using frozen shrimp, I want to get on the pylon next to the inlet there (at New Smyrna Beach) and use live shrimp on one pole (the one Phoenix will run, I expect it will catch a lot more) and large minnows for one of the other poles to try to get the big fish… I might bring my cast net to see if I can get more bait. I liked fishing last time, but I think this time I want to do some catching, and not just have fun getting wet.

No comments: