Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Well, some good news and bad news.

First the bad. Today it was brought to my attention that one of the desktop support managers at one of the schools we serve was unhappy that I sent in a ticket without enough detail:
(user)Can’t get computer to start up, IT takes forever to boot, then hangs up.
 
The desktop manager at the school could not decipher this simple sentence fragment. Now I will admit I made a typo capitalizing both letters in “it”, which this person interpreted that there is something wrong with the IT dept. Then in his infinite wisdom, he interpreted the last part was that the modem hangs up, instead of the computer locking up. I know this individual is getting paid more then I am, again convincing me that with exceptions (like my boss Todd, my God, that guy knows everything {and I am not brown nosing here, he never reads this blog}) that the less you actually know about what you are doing in IT, the higher position you are likely to hold.  
The good news is that I took more calls then everyone else here in June. Go me! Don’t applaud, just throw money.
 
Well, its back to surfing. Got to find a funny picture for today.

No comments: