Thursday, July 22, 2004

Walking in the moonlight

Last night, after putting the birds to bed, Phoenix and I went out to Lake Eola and walked arm in arm around the lake. Of all the cities I have lived in, I must admit that Orlando’s downtown area is really one of the best. Its clean, there are a lot of cool clubs, restaurants and shops to go in, and the town is really fairly pretty. Well, as I said, we walked around the lake arm in arm and taking pictures along the way of the fountain, the swans, and the impromptu drum session that was going on in one corner of the park. I hope to post them tonight. I like Orlando. I really do. The only part I don’t like is all the pan handlers in town, but it is an American city, that is to be expected.
            It was good to be with Phoenix and see her smile. There are few things that make me happy in this world, and that is one of them. We walked around town a bit and stopped by the Public Library, where they have a light sculpture where you can hit buttons and make the lights light up and musical tones ring. If you hit the right combination, the whole thing freaks out and flashes and sings and makes quite a spectacle. I love it. So did Phoenix, smiling like a little girl and clapping when it happens. It is funny how such simple little things can make you happy. Watching her experience something new (like that), when her eyes light up and she smiles, it almost makes me cry with joy.
            The birds are doing fine. Not much to say about them really. Zora has taken a taste for milk and keeps trying to hijack it from my morning cereal (at the same time Addicus tries to grab the cereal itself). Everyone is getting very talkative to each other, but the actual verbalization of human words is way outnumbered by chirps and whistles and cell phone impersonations. Oh yea, I forgot. Addicus has taken to humping your hand… figures, the one we don’t want to breed is the most randy.

No comments: